Epic Raids

• * Queen Ant LvL 85 needs to be tested

Hi,

This is in my opinion huge mistake and if I remember correctly Shadow said in the announcement section, that neither of the bosses will get customized.

After long consideration and numerous discussions we have decided not to add the RaidBosses as custom.

I have checked the queen now is 85lvl but with drop of D grade. Not cool. And the whole customization will not bring nothing good for the server.
    You have customized all bosses in EW 1.0. And what this brought to the server?

Check the online now to answer your question ...
    I was testing EW 2.0 from the start, already half a year. I have created a whole clan and manage to raise it to level 7. I tested most of the instances (without Freya). And everything was working cool, except a few small bugs here and there. But a month or 2 ago after a new update whole server drop get messed up.

THE QANTITY DROP( not the chance) is a total mess now.
    - Mobs are dropping with quantity rates x50-x100?
    - Bosses are dropping 5 weapons and 7-10 full armour each?
    - On other hand epics ( ZAKEN) has 0.018 to drop the earing?

For every server to work good the most important thing is the balance. And if the balance is messed up, do not expect nothing good.
    As I said few months ago the EW 2.0 was almost perfect - low rates (x10), retail bosses. Now unfortunately after these last updates is some kind of hybrid server with unknown rates.
    So you have to ask your self what kind of server you want to offer and work towards your goals:
    1. MId rate with custom settings, bosses, GM shops, GK and other stuff we all now form all servers popping up now and last for 1 month.
    2. Low rate server( how EW 2.0 started), without custom stuff ( or very few) were players will need time to develop and enjoy the game without having everything ready.

Number ONE will target mostly yang players who are used to jump from server to server just to fill their time. Number TWO will target the old hardcore players, who enjoying developing and do not want to be level 85 in 3 days.

So the server doesn't need mana pot's, no. The server needs a DECISION what kind of server will be and which group of players will target. I will support the SECOND option of course, as many times I said already in my previous posts. But the decision will be yours.

Best
    Zoian

• So you have to ask your self what kind of server you want to offer and work towards your goals:

So the server doesn't need mana pot's, no. The server needs a DECISION what kind of server will be and which group of players will target. I will support the SECOND option of course, as many times I said already in my previous posts. But the decision will be yours.

I mentioned that aswell in this post but there were no discussion atall.
    The Server, as it's going to be developed right now, won't work.
    But instead of starting a open conversation with the few people that are somewhat interested in the server, they just ignore it and continue their own stuff.

I share the opinion that Bosses should not be adjusted.
    On Highrates okay - But this is not a Highrate server. It's Mid/Low rate.
    Overhauls on Low/Mid rates are okay, but not for Bosses imho.

Locking Worldbosses to 85 could bring up a trend where only the top gears are able to hunt this while everyone under S84 cries in a corner and this is simply not the way this Chronicle is supposed to work.
    If you want Goddess of Destruction playwise, make a GoD Server then

Shadow and Kyrell (idk how much kyrell is involved in all that tbf) are working more on an Image instead of the Server Structure.
    Don't waste time posting Changelogs for 2 Things, Manapotions. Or for Bosses. Or Whatever.
    Nobody is gonna test it anyways except Zoian maybe.
    Talk to him directly.
    No need to format a professional text here lul. Nobody is caring about it anyways - You have no players. For a reason.
    Sorry to say, but it's fact.

At some points i don't know if the Staff is just doing this to learn how to develope or to actually make a server.

Fixing the Drop amounts is literally 1 number to change in the .ini
    If you guys need help developing, reach out to the people instead of doing.... Whatever you're doing

Get a Structure for the Gameflow.
    What Rates will u use?
    - Are you a High, Mid or Lowrate? Decide, but don't mix it up too much.
    - Up to what Grade will people be able to buy their equipment off the shop?
    - How much value should Adena have? Is it a throw-away currency like on highrates, or will 100millions be a lot of money?
    - Will people need a 2nd account for buffer, or is there an NPC buffer? (i hate npc buffers with all buffs :l)

What's the Path of a Fresh player?
    - How does he get Stuff?
    - Should he get a LITTLE buff assistance? If yes, how?
    - What's the path for him if he Solo's the content? (Meaning how he's going to get to S84)
    - What's the path for him if he Group's the content? (Meaning how he's going to get to S84)

What do Lategame players do?
    - Is PvP important for them or very Rewarding? If yes, what do they get as reward and how do they get it? *Pls no events
    - How big of a deal is raiding for them? And if raiding is a big deal, how long do they have to wait for the next one?
    - Do they get any rewards/bonuses for helping and socializing with newbies? If yes, what do they get and how much does it affect their gameflow?

What do Clans do?
    - Is there any activity that is rewarding as a clan? For example Clan-Wars and rewards for it?

• The

Locking Worldbosses to 85 could bring up a trend where only the top gears are able to hunt this while everyone under S84 cries in a corner and this is simply not the way this Chronicle is supposed to work.
    If you want Goddess of Destruction playwise, make a GoD Server then

Exactly, thank you.

I was testing the server, because I had hopes, that finally someone will manage to produce a normal server without all this custom crap, that all other servers are offering. And because of all this customization at the end all servers last for 1-2 months and they are done.
    And at the beginning EW 2.0 was going really in the correct path, but the last updates just messed everything.

The real hardcore players doesn't need global GK, doesn't need GM shop with everything inside, doesn't need rates x50 ( now a mob in dragon valley is dropping 5-10 dark/fire stones?!?!), doesn't need mana pot's. Bosses can not be all 85. There is a reason why they have different levels.

Lineage 2 was never meant to be easy game, that is why almost all servers are failing, because owners are failing to understand that simple fact.
    Still I hope Shadow and Kyrell will realise that and reconsider their structure and establish the goals for how the server should look like.

• Well i'm interested in Low/Mid-rate myself.
    Customizing the playwise is nothing bad in my opinion. But it has it's limits.
    Here is an example of what i mean:

Let's say you have a NEARLY RETAIL economy. So Adena has it's worth etc.
    Adding a GM Shop is just the wrong way to make buy-able equipment.

Sales of the Cities are an important Part of the game.
    That is one of the main things, what gives a worth to the Castles and especially to Rune and Aden.
    Nowadays everyone just rushes giran because maincity. Who gives a sh**.
    But on a low/mid you could add those B/A/S armors to the normal shops because then they will get taxed by the cities aswell, and if your Economy is somewhat retail, you will cry if a city has a 15% tax rate and the 70m S grade weapon is now 15% more expencive.
    So Castles and Taxes get somewhat important again and people can buy their stuff to a specific grade.

Don't just screw over the complete vanilla if you're trying to make a low/mid rate.
    If you want another playstyle for low/mid, use another chronicle because that's simply what u're trying to achieve right now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello!

Thank you for your interesting words.

I decided to give you both a little more insight into the server.

Therefore you can use the link to download and view the configs until 16.03.2021.

config.rar

The server package you currently see on EW2.0 is not a pure L2JServer package. Therefore it may offer different options here and there than you are used to.

At the top right of the download button you will see a small speech bubble. If you are interested in which server package we use here, you will find the name there.

Fixing the Drop amounts is literally 1 number to change in the .ini

If you can tell me where I have put a wrong value in the rates, I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Furthermore I give to consider that on the Final Ew2.0 there will be neither a Buff NPC or a GM store.

As a small bonus we have decided to provide Mana Potions. However, these have to be farmed, spoiled and crafted.

Regarding the EpicBoss QueenAnt, I would like to say the following:
    I have no problem undoing the Epic Boss change.

If you want to lay the boss only in the low level area, I can meet the wish with pleasure. However, for all Epic bosses, any stats must be adjusted to the buff time of the server. Please keep in mind that the "normal" buff time is max 20 mins.

But instead of starting a open conversation with the few people that are somewhat interested in the server, they just ignore it and continue their own stuff.

Your wishes or recommendations are things that are welcome. But they are only wishes or recommendations.

We invest as much time and energy in the creation of Ew2.0 as you do.

One reason why the server is still in alpha is that there are still things that can be discussed and restructured.

It is just not a finished product!

In conclusion, however, I would like to remind you of one thing.

I always ask you to keep in mind that we are not taking any money with this project, nor is this project sponsored by anyone.

Therefore, I take the right to make changes that do not meet your wishes.

In this sinne I wish you a nice and not so rainy weekend.

Best regards

• If you can tell me where I have put a wrong value in the rates, I would be grateful if you could let me know.

I looked through it and found the values pretty quick, even if i have no clue what kind of package you're using.
    The Format looks weird af. Idk if it's caused by the compressing of it, or if it's normal, but "Ýòî çíà÷èò, ÷òî ñ 1 ïî 5 óðîâåíü ðåéò SP áóäåò 2, à ñ 6 è âûøå ðåéò áóäåò 3." doesn't look healthy.

Anyways - You made RateDropItems = 10.0.
    Like i said i don't know the package you're using, would be a good info to know.
    But this should work the same way, as other packages do.
    RateDropItems should describe the Amount of items dropped.

What you want should be:
    RateChanceDropItems = 1.0
    Change this to the wished Droprate.
    Same for Spoil Rates RateChanceSpoil = 1.0
    By doing this, the retail DROP RATES get Multiplied by this rate, leaving the DROP AMOUNT unaffected.

Therefore, I take the right to make changes that do not meet your wishes.

Bro. We're not Forcing you to anything.
    At the end of the day, we don't give a shit.
    We're just trying to help you.
    If you really want to do it like this, it's absolutely up to you. But don't turn it as if we'd force you to anything.

• Small addition:
    You can check if the Drop-Rate is changed by clicking Shift+LMB on a Monster and looking into the Drop list.
    The shown Drop Chances are the final calculated rates including the drop rate modifier

(Lets hope your Datapack has this Function. Makes life easier)

unknown.png

• Hey Shadow,

Yes, you are correct, is your project and the decisions are yours. Just is a pity that there are no even one good server any more. That is the reason, that I am trying to help here, because I think that you guys want to open a server that is not like all the rest ( which are all the same and closing in max 2 months) .
    I am testing the 2.0 since day 1. It has been what..6-7 months already? Maybe more. You know that I always share my thoughts on the private channel. And I reported the drop problem immediately. I think it started with the update done on 31th of January - some changes for drop system:

* rework calc skillmastery (more correct)

* rework select arenas at oly (now generate random)

* some changes for drop system

Till then everything was ok with the rates ( except Zaken). Now I have never opened server files, and I do not know how the rates must be adjusted, or from where it could be fixed. I just want you to understand that the rates now are not x10. The chance rates are x10, but the quantity( amount) are away higher. For me it looks like x50. And that is a big problem. You can test it your self. Take GM char and go in Dragon Valley to kill some mobs.
    I do not know from where the problem has come but is affecting not only the mobs, but the Bosses too. And the balance now is totally broken.

Of course my wishes or recommendation are not the final instance, but only opinion.
    But I think, that you have to present your final view for the future of the 2.0 and how and when you think the project will start. So even the people who passing by could decide it will worth their time or not. Even if you want make a pool or something , if you are not sure. But players need to know exactly what to expect. Once you earn the people's thrust and they see that they will spend quality time, then you can expect some earnings as well.
    I personally ( maybe other players as well) do not mind to pay even a small fee every month....but if the quality of the server is worth our time.

Best
    Zoian

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you very much.

It is now not correctly displayed on the server, but Zoian has given positive feedback.

Best regards

• Shadow

Hat das Thema geschlossen.