New Begining

• Hello,

I recently found this server as one of the few remaining German projects.

Sadly I saw that there isn't a lot of activity left here.

Could you maybe explain how you want to proceed with the server, because basically it seems "very empty" currently?

As a developer, I would like to help this project.

Gold

• Hello Shadow and Thank You for your invitation.

I will post my thoughts about the current situation and what you maybe should think about:

-) Basically I started a character and reached level 20 insanely fast.

--- Maybe you should lower the rates a bit or think about a different system to make slow progress not endless progress.

-) Since the level progress is that fast, the question is if this should be more like a PvP oriented server or more towards grinding gear and enjoying the time to get there.

--- I personally enjoy the lower levels far more than the higher levels, but that's just my opinion.

-) As I read somewhere in the forums I strongly suggest to NOT launch anything above H5 (Goddess of Destruction or later).

--- The game was changed a lot by NCSoft in those chronicles and I don't think might attract a lot of players, since playing that "different" Lineage2 on the official servers is free.

-) Additionally running anything called "Classic" (just like NCSoft does) has nothing to do with the classic Lineage2 experience we all had between 2004 and the launch of Goddess of Destruction.

-) The server statistics are seems more or less broken.

--- I assume many players are very interested to see who is online, and if they see "nothing" it might keep them from starting here even more if it just an error in one of the scripts.

--- Maybe it's me but I couldn't get any of the other functions to show anything in that tool either.

There might be some more points to think about, but I think those five should be fine for now. :)

Gold

• Hello,

Fully agree with GOLD's points.

I am strongly against anything after H5. Even H5 is a bit too....easy :) But , still is playable and has its qualities (balanced oly). Also I am strongly against many custom stuff applied to most of todays servers. For me as less custom( or none) is better. And Endless World has maaaaany custom features, which actually are repelling players. Custom bosses with custom drop Dynasty, Moirai, Vesper - NO, Custom treasure chest(every chest is dropping a scroll) - NO, Custom safe rate+6 -BIG NO, NO. I read somewhere suggestion for safe +10 or more. Common this is not STAR WARS is Lineage.

Of course Endless World has maaaany good qualities - No FULL BUFF, NO GLOBAL GK, NO GM shop- these are all good features.

But Endless World needs to find the right balance.

I have already given my rates/features proposal. You can find it in this tread:

What Rates you wanna See?

I copy it mostly from a server that I played for 5 years. Just the chronicle there was FREYA. You can check this server here:https://www.l2vanir.com/

Is not working any more, because the owner has his personal business to attend and didn't have time to maintain the server. But the server worked good for almost 7 year and is worth to check the structure and the features. In this server I get my first set +6 after a year playing, in Endless World you can do it for 4 days.

I think to attract the real players you need a close to retail server H5/Freya/Gracia Epilogue with rates not more then x10. Without many custom stuff. Server where real players will enjoy developing their characters, armours , weapons for years. You do not need server, where everybody will get everything for a month and after get bored and just leave.

Best,

Zoian

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Gold, hello Zoian,

thank you for your opinions.

As I said before, Kyrell and I are considering a new server concept that will incorporate many options from those we have read here.

But of course we need time for this :(

-) The server statistics are seems more or less broken.

--- I assume many players are very interested to see who is online, and if they see "nothing" it might keep them from starting here even more if it just an error in one of the scripts.

--- Maybe it's me but I couldn't get any of the other functions to show anything in that tool either.

Gold

I have to agree with you. These evaluation scripts are still written in an old PHP version.

Because the servers do not support this language anymore and many variables have changed, I have to adapt this.

Therefore the account manager is not satisfying for me yet.

But I don't know that much about PHP, so I have to find my way in here. The employee who had taken over this for us at that time had unfortunately left the team for private reasons

It is also clear for us that we will continue to offer Hi5. Whether sometime something else will be added is written in the stars.

However, Kyrell and I will only be able to concentrate on one project.

As you probably noticed the last few days, a lot is changing here in the forum. I'm also thinking about adding some features of the Account Manager to this forum.

I hope I can implement this.

As you can see, we have a lot of work to do at the moment and hope that we can make fast progress with everything so that we can eventually talk about a Close Alpha.

But do not worry. The "old" EndlessWorld, meanwhile renamed EndlessWorld 1.0, will remain online.

However, at some point it will run out so that only "veteran users" can access this server.

Of course we will always let you know in time.

Until then I am very curious what else you can or want to report so that the server will be one of the best.

In any case, we remain true to ourselves.

There will NEVER be a Donation Store!

In this sense until soon

• Hello Zoian,

great to see that you also wrote some points in your reply.

I checked the post you mentioned above and it is a good starting point, although some rates still seem kinda high:

-) Raid drop x7

--- Waaaaaay too high, remember that later raid bosses drop very valuable items.

-) Same for Quest drop and Adena.

--- Don't forget that the reward is not always Adena, but sometimes items.

--- Keeping them on x1 will render a lot of quests useless, unless you manually think about every quest on how to make it more attractive to consider it getting interesting for the players, which is probably very difficult, not to mention the time and effort to review many many quests manually.

--- Don't forget, that since this is (probably) a L2J project, basically everything is possible.

--- Rates even don't have to be locked to a certain value over the whole game for ever, we have L2J here, so (almost) everything is possible.

-) Also I am not really a fan of class masters, but I think there are ways to let players choose.

--- Either go the fast way and change class using the class master, or go the slow way doing the quests and get something for that.

--- Nothing super-fancy or huge advantage in comparison to the class master way of course.

--- Or reverse that approach and make the class masters non-free, so a quick class transfer costs some Adena or other items.

-) I am strongly against any form of item store (so called gm shop).

-) Also automatic skill learning is something I am personally not a fan of.

-) Same goes for skill learning without books.

--- Books should be required, for learning a skill.

--- In my opinion it's always a shame to not use some items the game provides, in a way or another.

Hello Shadow,

thank you for your reply.

Yes, working on a concept takes some time, but you have to start somewhere. :)

Regarding the problems with PHP, again as a developer I can offer my help to solve those problems.

In the past I worked with the L2J source as well as writing an L2OFF extender, so I could also help in this area.

Gold

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, working on a concept takes some time, but you have to start somewhere.

I agree with you.

Maybe we will be able to announce something to you in the next few weeks. ;)

Regarding the problems with PHP, again as a developer I can offer my help to solve those problems.

If it should be so far, I will contact you via PM.

Thank you! :love:

• Hey Gold,

Yes, you have a point for the Raid drop. But when I made those suggestions, still I was searching mostly for a some kind a middle ground , cuz the current Endless World rates are very high.

I wouldn't mind a Raid drop and Quest reward to be x2/x3 or x4. Looking it now x7 is really too high!

About the books also I do not mind. I suggested at least those after 81lvl to not be automatic, but for me wouldn't be a problem all skills to be learn manually and with books.

Also I would recommend to Shadow and Kyrell to not apply any kind of Buffer and Global GK.

About GM shop I agree. Better Not. Still, I think there could be some Custom Grosser( Or Vote shop) in Giran. BUT, with just some really low level stuff and cosmetics.

Examples:

- Recipes for low S Grade (not Dynasty)

- SA 11 and 12 maybe

- Some Agathions maybe

- Some hats, circlets or other L2 fashion.

- Mounts

- maybe some quest items for 3rd class change( if there is no class master)

There is a bit of a hole between A grade and S80. Is easier to craft Moirai set then Imperial Crusader set for example( in terms of spoil of recopies and parts), so something to help and give a push in that direction.

Nevertheless the B grade and A grade items in luxury shop are completely enough to grind your way for better armour and weapon :)

My hole point is , the game MUST not be easy, and give the players time to enjoy and develop. Still there could be some small pushes, to avoid some boring parts as loooong pointless quests.

Greets,

Zoian